Tech Lead Software Engineer, AI/ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 29, 2020
Role Number: 200203588
Imagine what you could do as a Software Engineering Tech Lead for AI/ML algorithms implementation in Apple. Here, novel machine learning ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences impacting the lives of billions of people. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Here is your opportunity to be part of an incredible AI R&D and productization team building the next-generation of advanced sensing algorithms and user interactions in iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and many other products. We are looking for a creative individual with expertise in designing software architecture and infrastructure for algorithms development and data engineering. This is a key role with high impact in highly cross functional and multi-disciplinary projects at the intersection of sensing and interactions SW, Algorithms and HW.
- 5+ years of SW development experience
- 1+ year of experience as a SWE tech lead
- Proficiency in C++ and Python - Objective-C is a plus
- Exposure to AI/ML projects such as working with ML data engineering or algorithms teams
- 2+ years of experience in SW architecture design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling)
- Experience using large scale distributed cloud compute and data management systems
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Good understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Familiarity with iOS App development
- Team lead, project management or people management experience
- Experience building scalable ML systems spanning multiple teams or organizations
- Proficient knowledge of git, Docker and containers, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with distributed storage and processing of big data with Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with database management systems and tools including but not limited to Cassandra, MangoDB, SQL
We're looking for a smart and creative tech lead with in-depth expertise in implementing algorithms and designing SW architectures and infrastructure. Your passion for leading SW development efforts for state-of-the-art sensing technologies will be crucial to your project and a key component to our team of world-class engineers who are driven to create the next big thing using advanced algorithms. You will contribute to architecting and developing softwares and pipelines to shorten the algorithm development life cycle from data curation to integration and deployment. The emphasis will be to work on highly impactful AI technologies that will help improve our users' experience, which has always been at the core of Apple's agenda. More specifically, you will: - Design SW architectures and infrastructure for ML and signal processing algorithms running on Apple products - Take the lead on designing and developing data engineering tools to store, manage, query and visualize big datasets
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. degree in CS (preferred), EE, or related fields. +5 years of experience in industry.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace