Privacy Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200196145
At Apple, we've always believed that your data belongs to you and no one but you. That's why we're dedicated to helping you safeguard your privacy and keeping data under your control. We've pioneered technologies that safeguard user privacy and introduced dozens of features that help keep your data safe, ranging from strong encryption in services like iMessage, to requiring user permission for apps to access your data, to on-device processing and machine learning that powers features like Memories in Photos. We are looking for an outstanding leader to manage privacy engineers who work with teams all across the company to design architectures that reduce the exposure of user data at all levels of the technology stack.
- Significant background in privacy
- Proven ability to lead high-performing engineering teams
- Strong technical background and ability to communicate complex technical, logical, or process issues in a timely, concise, and objective manner
- Superb interpersonal skills, with a track record of being able to influence multi-functional teams and leaders, and develop and maintain relationships across and between organizations
- Demonstrated ability to make considered recommendations for trade-offs in a rapidly changing environment
- You actively contribute to the larger organization's culture and processes, working with your peers to create an innovative and supportive team
You will lead a team of Privacy Engineers that support Apple's promise of "great features and privacy" through reviewing features, designing architecture, and working with teams to build new features to protect user privacy - from Wi-Fi MAC address randomization to Differential Privacy. You will also guide technical direction for your team, improve internal processes, and lead collaborative efforts with other engineering teams, as well as Legal, Security, Product Marketing, and Human Interface. Successful candidates will need to have passion for growing individuals on their team, strong technical background, ability to develop and maintain relationships across organizations, and a passion for protecting privacy.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience