Head of Software Engineering Solutions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200174350
This role is to provide technology roadmap, vision and strategy for the Engineering Solutions organization. This role is pivotal in building trust and partnership across the org. Your job is to provide platforms, tools & services to application teams so that and deliver their business goals with improved velocity and efficiency. As a head of the organization you will be responsible for building a strong team and guide them for best practices and processes.
- At least 15 years of software development experience architecting & delivering enterprise platform solutions
- At least 5 years of managing a large organization platform vision and strategy.
- At least 3 years of experience working with cloud technologies, open source, DevOps, and modern design patterns
- Successful experience running at scale technical / engineering programs, hiring excellent people, and building high performing teams.
- Self motivated and hungry to stay up to date with latest technologies and ability to make sound decisions
Provide vision and leadership to the design, development, testing and implementation of solutions to crucial business problems through thoughtful use of modern technology Strike the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others' ideas can be heard and championed Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of Eng Solutions most critical problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work Be the escalation point for teams facing extremely complex technical challenges Ability to provide executive level updates for complex technical platform solutions for eg - Build vs Buy decision Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization Lead team technically, provide coaching and development, drive architecture/design reviews focused on business requirements Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing environment at Apple Provide high available managed services On Prem & Cloud.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent