The Vice President of Financial Operations has responsibility for all accounting operations of Luminis Health, to include the proper payment of debts and expenses, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and safe guard assets, enhancing the accuracy of the system's reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Vice President is also responsible for ensuring the proper implementation, optimization, maintenance, and performance measurement of the accounting systems for Luminis Health.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures that core financial systems and financial processes are in place and are delivering highly satisfactory results to key operations customers across the organization. Such systems and processes include general accounting systems, payable systems, miscellaneous receivable systems, payroll systems, cash flow forecasts and projections, among others.
- Maximizes return on financial assets and guides financial decisions by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Provides strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Manages all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes. Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Leads all aspects of accounting operations, the oversite of all transactions related to general ledger, miscellaneous receivables, payables, payroll and external financial reporting.
- Ensures streamlined financial reporting, accounting, compliance and controls while putting in place credible, consistent and useful financial and operational reports that can be produced within a timely manner.
- Ensures analysis of financial results with respect to operating margin, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Monitors and affirms financial condition through appropriate review processes. Issues regular status and ad hoc reports to senior leadership.
- Ensures the successful completion of the annual year end audit by the external auditors. Coordinates and collaborates with the Corporate Compliance Officer on the completion of regular internal audits as determined from time to time.
- Collaborates with the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure guidance and interpretation support for budget performance to Luminis Health Leadership. Ensures support to Senior Leadership in developing performance improvement recommendations.
- Coordinates effectively with Senior Leadership and Physician Leaders to support clinical program development and ensure that Clinical Initiatives meet business plan expectations.
- Provides strategic financial counsel and education to the CFO, Board and top management team as necessary for areas of responsibility.
- Leads and maintains an atmosphere of superb customer service and prompt responsiveness and support from team members to key Luminis Health customers.
- Mentors, guides and provides professional development opportunities to key team members.
- Works collaboratively across all business units of the organization and gain credibility from the system's other senior leadership as well as from peers and direct reports and their staff; become an integral part of Luminis Health senior leadership team. Establish a high level of professionalism; set a tone of leadership that creates a culture that is proactive, collaborative, people-oriented and customer-service driven. Maintain strong communications and relationships between finance and its constituents.
- Establishes performance indicators to evaluate effectiveness of assigned job responsibilities and projects.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the VP of Revenue Cycle and the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis to assure coordination of all financial operations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field; MBA/CPA is preferred.
- Ten years of related healthcare work experience, including an increasing high level of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of computer software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Light Work
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.