The Port of Morrow has a job opening for a Carpenter position.
This position is responsible for building, installing and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel.
A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience/training in carpentry is required. A high school education or equivalent is required.
For a complete job description and more information, visit www.portofmorrow.com/jobs
The Port of Morrow is an EOE and offers competitive wages and benefits. The hourly range is $20 - $28 per hour, depending on experience.
We thank applicants for their interest in this position. However, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. The position is open until filled.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Select materials for project.
- Construct building frameworks including walls, floors and doorframes.
- Estimate height, width, length and other proportions.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass or drywall.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Install structures an
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples or adhesives.
- Work on top of stilts, ladders and the top beams of buildings.
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and square.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Possess basic skill of finishing concrete.
- Install structures and fixtures such as windows and molding.
Performs duties with little direction given, operating from established directions and instructions. Decisions are made within general company policy constraints but occasionally require independent decision making.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Ability to pass a skills and knowledge test.
- Good understanding of basic math.
- Good physical condition and endurance.
- Good knowledge of English language.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam.