Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we’ve been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
As a Financial Analyst for Information Technology group at Benjamin Moore, this position is responsible for IT related finance functions from start to finish. This role supports CIO with annual budget process, operating views, and monthly forecast and month end close analysis, and ad hoc projects and assist IT leaders to make the right strategic decisions to achieve financial goals. This role actively interacts with other corporate functional groups to support any issues related to Information Technology group.
The Financial Analyst – IT role reports to the Corporate Planning Manager as a part of the FP&A Team. There are no direct reports reporting into this role.
• Understand and communicate key drivers for variances and provide financial analysis, insights, and recommendations for more efficient and effective use of budgeted funds
• Develop finance models in support of specific projects, prepare “lease vs. buy” analyses and determine the most efficient use of capital. Monitor spending commitments to ensure compliance with approved spending levels. Perform post-completion reviews of major projects.
• Act as a business partner between IT Team and other corporate functional areas such as Accounting and Procurement to promote corporate wide guidelines and policies
• Review contracts and SOWs for financial implications and terms & conditions.
• Ensure proper accounting treatment of IT and software implementations (ie. capitalization vs. expense)
• Provide financial support for enterprise level initiatives. Put together financial plan and keep track of changes and provide status to the project management team.
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reports requested by various IT teams
• Review Capex Approval Request and track capital expenditure spending by Internal Order
• Work closely with Fixed Assets to ensure proper JE booking for prepayments, CIP reporting, and depreciation/amortization.
• Play a significant role on annual tax credit exercise for R&D related project activities
• Assist IT Leadership team in creating Purchase Requisitions (PR’s) and performing Goods Receipts or Service Entries within SAP and provide guidance on the proper Material Types to be used.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / PMP, CPA, CMA and/or MBA preferred
• 3-5 years of Accounting experience, strong technical US GAAP accounting knowledge
• Prior experience providing financial support to the CIO and IT organization is a plus
• Must be highly analytical and inquisitive with strong organizational abilities, keen attention to detail, and ability to meet monthly deadlines and goals
• Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office; proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
• Excellent organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills, ability to work in a team-based, continuous improvement environment, ability to deal with ambiguity
• Expected travel up to 5% in US and Canada, no extended projects. Knowledge of SAP and/or Business Objects is a plus
• Strong customer focus dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all
• Manage multiple tasks and projects with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly to customer requests based on shifting priorities
• Analyze, investigate and resolve issues related to daily work by applying knowledge of policies, procedures and internal processes
• Ability to drive for results to complete goals successfully
• Align and operate within the company’s core ethics and values
• Ability to communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
• Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment and quickly grasp new concepts by demonstrating and applying knowledge of these tasks timely and accurately
• Establishes and maintains strong business relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations