The position can work remotely from North America, Latin America, or EMEA
Think of an app you simply cannot live without. For our company, the Global Commercial Operations organization is like that app. It's a strategic and indispensable component of a fast, efficient and knowledgeable Sales organization.
Commercial Operations focuses on all the things that make it easier for Sales to effectively engage customers, including: defining sales strategy and model; providing insights for faster and better decision making; delivering commercial and technical training programs; developing commercial messaging and sales communications; implementing optimized sales processes through modern technology; and helping manage through change.
In this specialized role, you will bring together all the facets of Commercial Operations to develop and refine a holistic program that helps us grow with our customers as they progress on their digital transformation journey and invest in software to transform their operations. This work can only be done with an understanding of the realities of modern selling and with a focus on effectiveness across roles and around the globe.
What you'll do
- Collaborate and communicate. Regular engagement and interaction both within the Commercial Operations function and with sales, marketing, and market access leadership, our business units, and sales teams is paramount to ensure we understand the perspectives of our stakeholders and make progress towards the cause together.
- Organize and synthesize. Mindshare and time of our customers and our sellers is a precious commodity, so let's not waste it. Establish a commercial readiness plan that puts into context the strategy to advance software and the impact to talent, customer engagements, enablement, and how we measure performance.
- Continuously enable. Ensure a plan is in place to equip sales with the right messaging and enablement at the point in time they need it so they can lead effective customer engagements. Establish cadence and operating rhythm to assess performance.
- Drive change adoption, measurement, and continuous improvement. Talk to stakeholders about what went well and what didn't to assess program strengths, analyze program risks, and identify areas for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
- Legal authorization to work is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 7 years of related Sales, Sales Enablement, and/or Marketing experience in enterprise software
- Software Industry Experience
- Solid understanding of the role of commercial operations in modern sales organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple types of activities at any one time
- Ability to collaborate globally and cross-functionally
- Interpersonal, leadership, organizational and written/verbal communication skills; ability to sell ideas and present strategies at an executive level.
- Proven stakeholder management skills
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).