Summary/Scope of Position:
Responsible for the management of product families within the Rockwell Automation PC-based Controller Portfolio with strong emphasis on being able to gather, define and validate products' requirements with customers and other stakeholders and manage these product requirements through development and revision processes. Also responsible for the product planning, promotion, and life cycle management, as well as revenue and growth goals.
**Preferred locations are Mayfield Heights OH or Milwaukee WI. We will consider other remote Rockwell US Locations.
- Understand target users' needs and business problems. Accordingly, develop short and long range business plans for product line consistent with market needs and corporate strategic objectives. Business plans may relate to an entire new product, new product feature or new function.
- Determine the total market (domestic and international) and available market for the product line to justify investment and to measure whether market share objectives are being met. This includes preparation of forecast projections, product positioning and defining pricing points which balance company financial performance expectations with competitiveness in the market.
- Gather product's customer / market requirements from all global regions and across different customer segments and industries. Collaborate with product managers, engineering, partners/suppliers and other stakeholders to build an idea for a feature, function, or product to address these market requirements and our business objectives. Use this information to create detailed and validated customer centric market requirements.
- Manage product requirements while controlling any changes and effects on the end product, and recommend and negotiate appropriate trade-offs when needed. Act as the representative of the business during development as the functional requirements are developed into a feature, function or product that will be available to the market.
- Ensure that Business Management has appropriate and adequate information at each stage gate in the development process to make informed Go/No Go decisions. This will require sound business acumen.
- Lead the definition of the product's customer values and competitive differentiation to be used in the development of the commercial messaging for the product launch artifacts, trade show materials and other commercial opportunities. Responsible for coordinating with Sales, Commercial Marketing, Solution Architects, Training Center, Tech Support and other groups as it relates to tailored training plans.
- Prepare competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for all new products and existing products.
- Provide commercial support for post-sale product issues, including those involving quality, delivery or pricing from issue identification through resolution.
- Establish, execute and report on product line growth initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical field, or equivalent. Formal training or demonstrated leadership influence
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Functional Safety Certification through TUV or exida preferred.
- An understanding of industrial and process automation concepts, terminology, and general design and implementation principles (hands on experience preferred).
- Previous experience creating and implementing commercial messaging - Sales enablement, customer facing material, product launch material, etc.
- Strong customer relationship management skills, which includes demonstrated experience resolving customers' commercial issues
- Excellent communications skills, ability to lead by influence, proficient with Microsoft Office products, and an ability to work within a team environment to achieve position objectives
- Experience working as part of a global team, and a demonstrated ability to understand and cater the portfolio to the differences in various markets globally.
- Control System design, implementation, commissioning, and support with knowledge of current Rockwell Automation products.
- Demonstrated competency in industrial machine applications and solutions including motion and safety.
Software & Control
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).