As a natural problem-solver, you thrive on challenges. You’re also an expert at implementing solutions.
Sodexo's Banking Operations department in our Buffalo Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY has an opening for an Accountant.
This position will work specifically with the unit depository bank reconciliation team.
- Perform timely reconciliation of standard and non-standard unit depository activity using Frontier, SAP and third-party vendor applications.
- Investigate and resolve depository and change order issues escalated by Banking reconcilers, working with field personnel, banks, cash vaults and armored car vendors.
- Facilitate, track and monitor depository bank conversions, working with Banking Administration, field personnel, banks and armored car vendors as needed.
- Prepare Deposit Schedules and Change Order Schedules as requested by Corporate Security, Internal Audit and Banking Management
- Perform Bank Service Charge expense allocation process each period for all depository bank accounts.
- Ensure compliance with control policies and procedures. Resolve non-compliance issues with field staff.
- Provide recommendations to Banking Management of end-to-end process improvements for Banking processes
- Support and assist the Banking reconciliation team as needed
- Special projects as needed
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Team building, interpersonal relations and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment
- Managing multiple priorities and time management skills
- Strong technical, accounting skills and detail orientation
- Stress tolerance and flexibility skills
- Proven research, problem resolution, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Strong PC & related software knowledge
- Willing to put in necessary time to complete tasks
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- 0-2 years accounting experience
- Experience with reconciliation of bank accounts a MUST
Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Performs routine assignments. Has conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline typically acquired through a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.