Production Design Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200199605
Apple's Instructional Products group is looking for a Production Design Manager to lead a team of designers and illustrators in a fast-paced engineering environment. The Production Design Manager is responsible for ensuring the high design quality of all our deliverables, including inbox documentation that ships with our products to user guides on the Mac and on the web.
- Experience managing a diverse creative team responsible for ongoing, evolving deliverables.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to drive close collaboration between internal and external teams.
- Passion for production design, print and onscreen deliverables, and user experience.
- Ability to foster an environment that supports collaboration and continuous improvement, along with strong mentoring and communication skills.
- Desire to train and help others grow in their career development.
- Manage a team of graphic designers, production designers, and illustrators to create pixel-perfect graphics, illustrations, and screenshots for all of Apple's customer-facing product documentation. - Lead the creation of graphic standards, specs, and templates for online comprehensive help, ePubs, and PDFs. - Collaborate with Marcom on the creation of InDesign print templates for all hardware and accessories inbox pieces. - Develop art guidelines and standards, such as file naming, sizing, and resolution. - Work closely with engineering on the creation of automation scripts, tools, screenshot process, and the delivery of interaction and engineering specs. - Spearhead initiatives to improve the overall design production process. This includes managing art requests for graphics and third-party assets, and communicating status across the department. - Work closely with the print production manager to ensure all inbox pieces are produced to Apple's highest standards, and are consistent with other inbox materials and packaging. - Communicate with the Localization team about process and tools changes. - Staff projects appropriately by understanding the work required, assessing resource needs, and training and bringing on new team members.
Education & Experience
BA in Graphic Design or related design field