Engineer Manager - Partner Integrations, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 4, 2020
Role Number: 200204736
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple's long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple TV+, and many other services. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple's high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries. These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services. The Core Services team at Apple Media Products (AMP) is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead an outstanding team of Software Engineers to build scalable services and creative features that delight hundreds of millions of customers around the World on App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts, MusicKit across multiple platforms on iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS and partner platforms.
- Experience leading complex software engineering projects from inception to production
- Ability to provide hands-on technical leadership; mentorship, guiding, and motivating the engineers
- Ability to jump in and code hands-on along with team members as needed (likely every day)
- Experience leading and growing a team, including hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and effectively with engineers, product managers, designers, partners, etc.
- Results-oriented and willing to take action;
- Ability to push boundaries of the API platform, and build a growth vision for the platform and the team
- Hands-on experience working on scalable web services and features that span multi-functional teams
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (Solr / Elastic Search / Redis / Memcached / Cassandra / Voldemort / MongoDB etc.)
- Experience with Java, or any other JVM or functional languages like Clojure is a plus.
Come and join the incredible engineering team that powers the features that drive the App Store, Apple Music, iBooks, iTunes, and Podcasts. You will be working cross functionally with various teams across Apple to deliver really exciting features. You will help scale our content service and editorial service that houses all the content metadata thats needed in one form or the other by Apple client applications and other dependent services. Thinking about service performance is a constant thing for us, and we are looking for someone like-minded. Are you used to thinking about performance in terms of median, 95th percentile and 99th percentile? Then we are absolutely looking for you! If you are an engineer who is not afraid to question assumptions and is a phenomenal teammate under tight deadlines, this will be a fantastic place for you. You will lead a team that runs the Online Content System. The Online Content System is a collection of NoSQL data stores that delivers content metadata and editorial data to support all of our services. The team will have a balanced mix of infrastructure projects to improve our internal ecosystem and feature projects to reveal new and exciting services and capabilities to our millions of fans around the world. As the leader, you will create a vision and roadmap for the team to push the boundaries of the CAP theorem to ensure the distributed system is highly performant, replicated globally, and completely fault tolerant. You will work with like-minded specialists in Open Source technologies to find innovative ways to weave them together and scale them beyond what they were originally intended to do.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, plus 10 years proven experience in related field required