UnitedHealth Group is a company on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Human Capital Technology Project Manager provides subject matter expertise in large scale project management, including project scope definition, project staging and phasing, project methodology and tools, and resource allocation. This role may manage, indirectly, other project resources such as project analysts, change managers, and language team members. This role will partner resources from Human Capital, IT and the business as well as other third parties/vendors to deliver the program objectives. This person will bring strong communication skills needed to deliver project updates to the project team. This role will serve as a trusted partner to safely assist in delivering large, complex programs that further UnitedHealth Group’s people objectives and add value to its employees.
- Assist in leading large, complex, multi-year, multi-million-dollar projects to achieve key business objectives while ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Develop a detailed project plan and measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Partner with subject matter advisors within Human Capital, IT and the business to drive collaboration and communication
- Identify downstream impacts, including process, technology and change management and then coordinate with the appropriate contacts to solve
- Perform tactical tasks as needed with an eye on strategic and long-term goals
- Contribute to the development of a Program Management Center of Excellence, including governance and tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.