Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare is succeeding at helping people live healthier lives by taking a different approach to
health care. OptumCare uses a common sense approach, focused on avoiding jargon, finding more efficient ways to operate, and providing great, in-the-moment service. We provide that service by making sure serving our patients and providers is always the first priority. Each department works from the same central idea: “How does this affect the service we provide?” Because of the extreme commitment to service, OptumCare focuses on recruiting passionate employees who will take advantage of being empowered to provide the highest level of service at each and every step.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday-Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8.5-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday in the Eastern Time Zone. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Schedule, reschedule, and cancel medical appointments using electronic medical record software and following precise scheduling rules
- Verify and update demographic, insurance, and other patient information
- Register new patients for services
- Review patient charts, patient encounter messages and ambulatory referral orders
- Resolve or escalate customer issues related to
- Medication refill
- Orders for specialty and diagnostic services
- Laboratory services
- Escalate calls needing clinical triage
- Make outbound calls to schedule future appointments based on pending orders for service
- Confirm caller identify and authorization to receive information under HIPAA rules
- Release information only as allowed under HIPAA rules
- Conduct three-way calls with medical translators for patients unable to speak language of employee
- Transfer callers to appropriate department
- Communicate with provider offices via electronic messaging and telephone
- Meet departmental standards for production and quality.
- Meet departmental standards for schedule adherence.
- Mentor new hires and existing staff in the efficient use of call handling best practices designed to ensure accurate and consistent call responses
- Ensure patient access to care. This is done by:
- scheduling medical appointments, resolving medication and referral issues, and owning customer service inquiries through to resolution. The employee specifically contributes to organizational/departmental success through
- Efficient patient access to care
- Responsive phone service
- Patient satisfaction
- Policy/process identification and improvement
- Ongoing quality improvement for customer care interactions
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1 - 2 years of call center experience
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
- Familiarity with medical and health insurance terminology
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- 1 or more years scheduling medical appointments for eye care, orthopedic, or radiology services
- Prior use of Epic electronic medical record
- Healthcare experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, training class, SME, Senior, SR, Secaucus, NJ, New Jersey