Anne Arundel Medical Center
Title: Respiratory Therapist - Registered
Department: Respiratory Care Services
Reports To: Manager - Respiratory Therapy
Cost Center/Job Code: 20000-20023-000207
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides respiratory therapy modalities included in the scope of practice to patients according to the department standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Administers medical gas therapy in accordance with all department procedures.
- Evaluates appropriateness and effectiveness of therapies for continuation or discontinuation according to department standards. Prepares and collaborates with advanced practitioners and clinical specialist to implement respiratory care plan.
- Reviews charts per department policy, i.e. orders, lab values, chest x-rays, etc and document care provided accurately and consistently according to department standards.
- Operates and maintains equipment in a safe and sanitary condition, following department guidelines, returning to department upon patient discharge.
- Observes patient during therapies for adverse reactions and acts in accordance with department policy when problems arise. Monitor response to therapy.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college
- Registered Respiratory Therapist as credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- State of Maryland License of eligibility as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium Lifting
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.