GLOBAL RESEARCH MANAGER
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced international business development professional to assist Virginia-based companies in generating international sales. This is a unique opportunity to work with a broad range of companies from across Virginia as they grow their export sales. This position, reporting to the Assistant Vice President, will also work alongside the International Trade division’s team members to advise clients on which markets to prioritize and assist with client recruitment for various VEDP-led programs and events.
- Manage and negotiate contracts with 20+ global market research consultants responsible for conducting international market research for Virginia exporters
- Manage project workflow and deadlines for approximately 90 ongoing international market research projects for Virginia businesses
- Advise Virginia businesses on which markets to prioritize, present research findings directly to businesses, and advise on next steps
- Work independently to direct the design, development, and delivery of research that is highly customized to each company’s unique needs
- Interpret market research findings and stay up to date on market opportunities around the world to advise international trade division staff and Virginia businesses on a regular basis
- Manage regular global research consultant visits to Virginia for one-on-one meetings with Virginia businesses, including managing logistics, arranging meetings for dozens of Virginia businesses, and evaluating results
- Manage international research budget for VEDP, including forecasting appropriate funding for research projects and personnel expenses and processing expenditures according to VEDP procedures
- Lead international trade mission delegations by collaborating with international consultants to deliver successful events for participating companies
- Collaborative and proactive project management
- Knowledge of international business practices, geography, foreign customs, and cultures
- Verbal and written communication expertise
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- 3 years project leadership and management experience, working with external and internal teams
- Strong experience in international business practices and business development
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A bachelor’s degree in international business, or related field, or equivalent work experience required; a master’s degree preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and passport are required
- Candidates must have U.S. worker authorization status
This position requires occasional in-state and international travel. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Salary Minimum: $60,000. Application deadline: November 20, 2020.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120