Associate Justice of the Appellate Court
Open Until Filled
2 Year Term
$500.00 per case
The Court System of the Yavapai-Apache Nation is a two-tiered court system consisting of trial and appellate courts. The government of the Nation is operated in accordance with a Constitution and Laws. The Associate Justice will be appointed to a two-year term of office and may be re-appointed upon re-application.
• Law school degree and/or prior judicial experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to analyze complex factual situations and apply applicable law.
• Ability to write appellate decisions.
• Must have a background in legal matters with experience as a Judge, Attorney, Court Advocate or the education and background that would qualify a person to hold a responsible position with the Yavapai-Apache Nation.
• Must never been convicted of a felony, and have not been convicted of any misdemeanor offense, except traffic offenses, for a period of five (5) years next preceding his appointment.
• Must have all the minimum qualifications and limitations of Judges of Tribal Courts in Section 111 of Title III in the Judicial Code.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and application to email@example.com
Yavapai-Apache Nation / Human Resource
2400 W Datsi
Camp Verde, AZ 86322
P: 928-567-1062 Fax: 928-567-1064
WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN