- CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
- WOODBURY COUNTY, IOWA
- (341a Code of Iowa)
BY THE ORDER OF THE WOODBURY COUNTY CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION FOR DEPUTY SHERIFFS
The Woodbury County Civil Service Commission will begin accepting applications for Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office testing beginning Monday, November 9, 2020. Applicant must be a United States citizen, able to speak, read and write the English language. Applicants must be between the ages of eighteen and sixty.
A full list of qualifications and the application may be obtained from our website. Click “Apply” to be directed and submit an application today. Applications are due by Tuesday, December 1, 2020 by 4:30pm. By order of the Woodbury County Civil Service Commission, (341a code of Iowa).
- Be a U. S. Citizen and a resident of Iowa or intend to become a resident upon being employed;
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment;
- Hold a valid Iowa driver's license;
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol [modified for Chapter 400 civil service positions by §400.17 of the Code of Iowa];
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files and have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Successfully pass physical fitness tests;
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfill duties;
- Have a high school diploma (or the equivalent), or four (4) years of active military service, or Iowa law enforcement certification with five (5) years of service;
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20, and color vision consistent with the Occupational demands of law enforcement;
- Have normal hearing in each ear (hearing aids are acceptable if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient hearing proficiency to perform all necessary duties of a law enforcement officer);
- Be examined by a physician and meet the physical requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer;
- Undergo psychological testing;
- Undergo cognitive (Basic Skills) testing.