This position is open to all U.S. locations.
For over 25 years our team has used our software products and engineering procedures to create advanced analytics and model predictive control applications for customers worldwide. Our applications integrate with existing manufacturing systems to drive improvements in product quality, production capacity and energy usage. Our business is not dependent upon any one industry and our staff receives broad exposure to customers and processes in varied manufacturing environments. Currently we have significant business in food, polymers, biofuels, refining and minerals processing with many exciting developments to expand.
As an Advanced Process Control Engineer you will be at the heart of custom application delivery teams that use Rockwell Automation's advanced analytics and model predictive control products to create online applications to improve our customer's manufacturing processes. You will assess the customer's process, develop mathematical models that can be used to predict system behavior and configure online applications that use this knowledge to calculate process set points to dynamically control product quality, production capacity and energy usage. As part of our delivery team you will be responsible for the full technical implementation of the projects assigned to you from preliminary design through the completion of commissioning and customer acceptance. You will cover all aspects of the technical implementation including supporting hardware installation and system integration.
a. Perform technical project activities (design, system integration and installation, data analysis and modeling, application development, site installation, commissioning etc.) as assigned by the RTM (Regional Technical Manager).
b. Identification to RTM of technical issues that impact project performance (scope creep, delays, requested change orders, etc.)
c. Provide RTM with project information related to cost performance against plan, any performance guarantee status, etc.
d. Support the RTM's documentation of best practices for use in the development of applications.
a. Provide product, engineering, and application support to support existing customers
b. Perform periodical system and application health checks, performance analyses and develop reports to document findings and recommendations
c. Follow up on recommendations to sustain and maximize the value our applications deliver to our customers
a. Support Solution Consultant (a.k.a. Sales Engineer) market development activities as requested by RTM (Regional Technical Manager.)
b. Participate in sales closure activities as requested by RTM.
a. Request/undertake professional development as required to remain billable/cost effective.
b. Support the project staffing process to maximize overall delivery department margin.
5. Example Metrics
a. Meet or exceed customer expectations as measured by customer satisfaction indices
b. Project delivery on time, within budget and per contract scope
c. Maintain or improve project or contract margin
d. Maintain PQSW (Project, Quote, Sales, Warranty) utilization at or above target
e. Maintain or achieve relevant industry certifications #LI-MW2 #jobs #nowhiring #ind123 #lifeatrok
- Bachelors degree
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time, typically 1 or 2 week trips. Occasional international projects are likely.
- Must be willing and able to comply with customer safety & health requirements including submitting to and passing drug tests, safety training, etc.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelors degree in chemical engineering or other engineering with heavy modeling, statistics, or process control focus
- Strong interest in automation, process control and advanced model-predictive applications
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in English: reading, writing, and speaking
- Some manufacturing experience in the process industries
- Exposure to instrumentation, industrial control systems and supervisory control applications
- Exposure to advanced process control implementation or business case development
- Familiarity with DCS (SCADA, HMI, etc.) and/or PLC configuration
- 2-5 years of experience as a process or control engineer in a manufacturing environment
- An advanced degree in chemical engineering or other engineering with heavy modeling, statistics, or process control focus
- Experience with industrial computing, networking, OPC and ODBC/SQL data communications
- Experience with DCS (SCADA, HMI, etc.) and/or PLC configuration, especially in the context of integration with external applications
- Proficient in French or Spanish
- Experience with Rockwell Automation or competitive model predictive control products
- Experience with Rockwell Automation or competitive predictive emissions monitoring systems
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Austin - Texas
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).