Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
As an Electromagnetic Simulation Project Engineer, you will be part of a central team focused on new product development. This includes Electromagnetic Compliance, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity requirements, having a direct impact on product quality and reliability. You will partner with global Rockwell Automation system architects, electronic designers and PCB designers. You will provide recommendations and consulting services to SIC engineers on all aspects of EMC/SI/PI design and troubleshooting. Opportunities will exist to educate others, grow your own skills and advance simulation.
- Sets the Simulation and Design strategy for assigned projects independentlyDevelops methods and procedures for the SIC EE team.
- Provides advice, consultation and training for members of the SIC EE team and other departments.
- Communicates project status, concepts and issues and matches the message to the audience
- Manages large complexity projects independently
- Works with architecture and design teams to evaluate design tradeoffs for design optimization considering performance, cost and manufacturability requirements
- Drives process improvements to increase team capabilities and efficiency
- Leads investigation in new tools and technology
- Generates and verifies layout guidelines at board and system level
- Independently designs PCB stack-up
- Independently identifies potential design issues and provides options for solutions
- Independent success with gigabit and higher speed channel analysis.
- Validates simulations in the lab and determines if design specifications are met
- Documents simulation and validation results
- Evaluates lab instrumentation and recommends new equipment
- Manages team members who are responsible for implementing project tasks
- Mentors and evaluates performance of team members and helps establish development plans
- Participates in interviewing candidates
- Effectively presents to large groups
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Position will require some travel (10-15%, possibly international)
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 8 Years of electrical design experience
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic field and transmission line theory
- Significant Circuit and Interface Design Experience
- Significant experience modelling and analyzing power distribution networks
- Experience with identifying potential design issues and providing options for solutions
- Independently uses simulation and analysis tools from Mentor Graphics or equivalent, Analog Circuit Simulator (e.g. Synopsis HSPICE) and 3D RF Simulator (e.g. Ansys HFSS)
- Independently models and simulates high speed I/O, PCB interconnects, and connectors.
- Independent success with lab equipment such as high-bandwidth oscilloscopes, Time Domain Reflectometers, Vector Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, Bit Error Rate Testers, Logic Analyzers and Spectrum Analyzers
- Independent success troubleshooting system/circuit behavior
- Understands SI, PI and EMC test methods
- Ability to work well in a diverse, cross-functional and global team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).