This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
SodexoMAGIC is seeking a Food Service Manager 3 for Saginaw School District located in Saginaw, MI (70 miles from Detroit). The selected candidate will assist in providing operational over-site to the food and nutrition department within a district that is comprised of 16 schools and approximately 5,000 students. He or she will also support our retail and catering functions. _Working for Sodexo as the Food Service Manager will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that strives to enhance the learning environment for students. Sodexo offers clear career paths, growth and advancement opportunities, professional resources and training. _This is a great position for someone looking for a better work-life balance while having the opportunity to grow their career within Sodexo’s school services segment!
We are the Communities we serve!
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- provide employee training and development;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- create a positive working environment;_ and
- ensure Sodexo and USDA standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:_
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed;
Prior school nutrition experience a plus, marketing skills a plus, must be able to work independently and understand, implement and train associates for great personal success and outstanding customer service.
Must be able to multi task and organize daily tasks to insure operational excellence, growth, and consistency in operating excellent operations.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement