Software Engineering Manager, Cloud Services and Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 10, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200205545
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are building a centralized team to define 3rd party cloud strategy, tooling and adoption. Adoption will be facilitated through a common platform with supporting tools to accelerate the process while enforcing policies and defining guard rails. Apple is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help build the next-gen platform infrastructure for cloud services. You will be working on critical systems that support Apple services. You will work with world-class teams who have a real passion for engineering and delivering features that scale and maintain strong privacy guarantees to end-users.
- Experienced with managing and growing teams.
- Designing, implementing, and operating highly scalable and reliable platform solution at scale on the public cloud.
- Collaborative: Must have the ability to thrive in a multi-functional organization through clear and persuasive communication, consistent delivery, and relationship building.
- Curious: The desire and aptitude to independently learn
- Self-Directed: The ability to drive a team and project from a simple idea to production.
- User-Focused: Empathy for the user experience and the privacy of data come first
- Very good understanding of multiple software engineering languages including Java, Python, C, C++, Go, etc.
- Have experience and in-depth knowledge of open source distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, compliance, open-source technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with service oriented architecture, REST based services and orchestration of APIs for web and mobile applications.
- Experience with Java and its ecosystem, relational and non-relational databases, Internet protocols, caching systems, queuing systems.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules.
- Ability to represent the team and remove hurdles so that each one of the team members operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of team members.
- Ability to communicate with senior executives within the organization and in business functions.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization.
- Resource planning and fiscal year planning experience very useful.
We're a growing team shaping the future of the public cloud at Apple. You'll play a key role in developing distributed build and orchestration systems, increase the velocity and confidence of our deployments with enhanced observability and continuous delivery, and design tools and workflows that improve engineering efficiency. In this highly visible position, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams to define, implement, and support systems that will power the next generation of Apple cloud platform. Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? Then we have the job for you! We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team - if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in leading engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing and developing enterprise-grade scalable software.
- Knowledge of Go, Java, C++
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Serverless Technologies
- A solid understanding of Quality Assurance testing methodologies in addition to available frameworks and tools a bonus.