Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast growing environment.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 2 weeks of virtual instruction and then 1-2 weeks of OJT training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Responds to inquiries related to plan benefits, eligibility, and frame / lens orders in a professional manner while displaying empathy toward Spanish and English-speaking customers
- Creates confirmations and authorizations for active members according to plan benefits
- Interprets and verifies pricing and plan benefit rules and regulations to ensure accurate responses to calls and claims processing
- Forwards issues, attaching all necessary documentation, to the appropriate internal departments to ensure resolution and overall customer satisfaction
- Logs all inquiries and / or complaints into the customer service module; updates customer service module with issue resolution notes in a timely manner
- Retrieves and returns department voicemail messages
- Plans and organizes workload to ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues
- Responds to callers with the resolution of issues in a timely manner in accordance with guidelines set by the department
- Follows and supports the guidelines set by the department and organization to ensure overall goals are met
- Maintains minimum department production and quality standards
- Fosters interpersonal relationships, showing empathy and understanding towards all colleagues
- Understands own impact on others; interacts effectively with peers and supervisors
- Any other assigned duties as delegated by management
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience.
- Bilingual fluency (verbal and written) in Spanish and English
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service experience
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Care, UnitedHealth Group, Health care, bilingual, Customer service, call center, optician, optometry, optical dispensary, Spanish, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately