Cellular Systems Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 10, 2020
Role Number: 200206206
In this role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for system and digital architecture, design, and verification of state of the art cellular SoCs. As a Cellular Systems Architect, your responsibility will be to define the micro-architecture of the SoC in order to satisfy the requirements of the cellular system and achieve the best KPIs.
- 10+ years relevant experience in cellular PHY/systems architecture, algorithm design, and bringup.
- Strong working knowledge of cellular standards including LTE and 5G.
- Good understanding of the KPIs (performance, power, latency, etc) of wireless SoCs and efficient HW architectures to achieve the same.
- Good understanding of communication theory and signal processing algorithms.
- Good understanding of digital design and architecture principles.
- Hands on experience with RF transceivers.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation.
- Ability to work well across cross-functional teams including digital, radio, verification, and FW teams.
Define & document HW architecture for cellular system features and functionality covering MAC/PHY, PHY/RF, and multi-chip aspects.
Understand and map system requirements and algorithms to HW/FW architecture to ensure development of state-of-the-art design covering all aspects of the system including functionality, performance, power, latency, and debuggability.
Collaborate with SoC, MAC, PHY, RF HW and SW teams to ensure architecture meets the end-to-end system requirements.
Drive pre- and post-silicon validation and bring up of state-of-the-art physical/cross-layer wireless communication chips.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. with 10+ Years' Experience