Motion Sensing System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 10, 2020
Role Number: 200206382
Description: Lead activities to specify, design, develop and test innovative sensing systems Sensing Hardware is a multi-disciplinary team developing cutting-edge sensing solutions and technologies central to Apple's products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The Sensing Hardware team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, thoroughness, creativity, and innovation. Invention, IP and patent creation is expected and supported. Pushing the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences is the main goal of this team at Apple
- Experience with transduction of physical phenomena to electrical signals (sensing).
- Understanding of thermal dynamics, heat transfer and related sensing techniques
- Background in system integration and design for integration of transducers.
- Familiarity with manufacturing technologies for sensors.
- Experience with data collection and statistical analysis for transducer characterization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in simulation and modeling tools and/or MATLAB.
- Strong laboratory skills with a passion for hands-on experiments.
Architect, define and identify sensors for product platform integration. Drive performance metrics for motion, magnetic, acoustic, pressure, optical and/or environmental sensing. Support developing test plans, system bring-up, characterization and validation automation. Work with multiple suppliers to ensure sensors deliver to performance specifications. Coordinate cross-functional activities to guarantee hardware interfaces with product firmware and modules. Prepare and deliver presentations to clearly communicate technical status, risks and mitigation strategies. Business travel to support product development.
Education & Experience
B.S. in mechanical or electrical engineering or physics and 5 years experience. MS or PhD preferred.