The MCC MKE Campus Manager, US Development Engineering is responsible for leading a team of development engineers and managers focused on the design and test of Motor Control Centers. They will work cross functionally within a Scaled Agile Engineering organization and partner closely with the Lean Portfolio Management team to develop strategic product and business plans. The role will have overall general management responsibility for the team and play a key role in the development of technical talent, organizational development, and continued process improvements. Reporting into this position are the functional manager(s).
This role will have overall responsibility for the LVMCC team with direct reports in Milwaukee and additional indirect reports overseas.
This role will primarily oversee teams working in design of Motor Control Centers (MCCs).
- Information Processing Capability
- Manage a multi-function team focused on execution and technology working across many projects in a highly agile environment
- Establishes organizational goals and KPIs to measure and improve organization effectiveness
- Determines and drives key product development and innovation plans. Understands product's market position and profitability and ensures alignment with Product management
- Manages product life cycle; leverages technology to drive innovation, the development of new products, launch, and elegant migration of end of life products
- Leads a global engineering organization's process execution, people development and financial performance
- Makes a difference in the organizations success by improving time to market for our products
- Executes strategy, leveraging multiple internal, external, direct and indirect relationships in a global environment
- Effective leader with a high level of emotional intelligence and ability to inspire, lead, and raise a team to high levels of accountability and performance
- Highly resilient; pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency. Consistently moves problems toward resolution; helps others do the same
- Committed to developing strong relationships and collaborative partnerships. Supports the goals and initiatives of other businesses and functional support organizations. Ensures that stakeholders receive appropriate focus, attention and alignment
- Accepts Role Requirements:
- Meets or exceeds annual operating plan
- Holds accountability for performance and results
- Presents to senior executives on business strategy and product development plans
- Passionate about leading and developing teams; track record of developing and promoting key talent
- Global and domestic (U.S.) travel of approximately 15%
- Ability to operate, respond, and work in multiple time zones as required
- Manages multiple stakeholders with varying priorities including manufacturing, sales, marketing, quality, and third-party partners, etc.
- Provide leadership for key employee initiatives including the employee engagement survey, culture of inclusion initiatives, and ethics
- Stays current in the state of the art, technologies and talent #LI-MW2 #jobs #nowhiring #ind123 #lifeatrok
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or similar technical field required
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in engineering
- Minimum of 8 years in team leadership or management
- Management experience in a globally focused environment.
- Minimum of eight years working in a matrix environment - Proven ability to influence change and build effective partnerships in a matrix environment
- Masters Degree or relevant advanced degree preferred
- Experience working in a large global company with responsibility for both direct and indirect reports
- Successful in data driven continuous improvement
- Experience with industrial drive products and applications
- Appropriate technical expertise in Motor Control Centers and/or Automated product testing.
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).