- Review Statements of Faith, Core Values, Statement of Purpose and Qualifications for Employment. Are you in agreement with them? hopeiowa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Purpose-Statement-Core-Values-Statement-of-Faith.pdf
The Custodial/Maintenance Assistant (FT) assists with custodial and maintenance duties in accordance with Hope Ministries’ Core Values, Statement of Faith, and Mission Statement. The Custodial/Maintenance Assistant (FT) keeps buildings in clean and orderly condition. He/she will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties will also include notifying Facilities Management of any equipment or building repair needs that he/she observes. As directed by the Facilities Manager, the Custodial/Maintenance Assistant will also assist in the completion of current and preventive maintenance for Hope Ministries’ buildings and grounds. The Custodial/Maintenance Assistant is accountable to, and reports to, the Facilities Manager.
- Work in a spirit of cooperation and mutual assistance with all other staff members of Hope Ministries and its subsidiaries.
- Work as an integral part of a facilities management team.
- Evaluate processes continuously and make recommendations to Facilities Manager for changes.
- Evaluate routes and duties to maximize efficiencies.
- Complete tasks and projects involving general facility maintenance and cleaning.
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping flooring and stairs.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on any/all facility items.
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Maintain custodial equipment in a clean, safe operable condition.
- Coordinate with other Facilities Management staff as needed.
- Participate in the spiritual growth and Christian instruction of those whom Hope Ministries serves. This can include (but is not restricted to) personal mentoring, the sharing of Scripture and Biblical encouragement, and praying with program participants. This may be in a structured setting (i.e., a classroom or chapel), or unstructured, with individual clients as the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Spiritual qualifications: Must have a lifestyle that demonstrates moral and ethical adherence to the teachings of the Bible and an expressed desire to minister to those who are poor, needy and homeless.
- Tools: must have experience safely operating a variety of equipment associated with custodial tasks.
- Experience: Skilled in a variety of custodial and floor care tasks. Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Physical: must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Other: good communication skills, both written and verbal; must have reliable personal transportation.
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week; evenings and weekend hours may be required.