Database Performance Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 11, 2020
Role Number: 200205862
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we are looking for a passionate Database Engineer to help be responsible for the large scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever growing business and data processing needs. Individual will need to provide innovative solution in terms of Apple's ever growing hardware and database capacity need. If you love to tackle internet scale challenges then this is the right job for you. This team provides database solutions to Maps, Siri, Music, iCloud, App Store, Hardware, and Software Engineering. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. We enable engineers to build great products.
- Experience in designing high throughput database platforms
- Proficient in Python or Go programming
- Advanced understanding of Oracle, Postgresql databases Performance Tuning in SQL, Tracing, and Data Structures.
- Extensive OS level tuning and tracing experience in CPU, Memory, Process Scheduling, I/O, and Network
- Good understanding of the internals of RDBMS engines, tracing, processes, physical layer, and logical layers is required
- Experience in various Clustering and Sharding architectures
- Expertise in multiple data replication technologies for HA and DR
- Performance tuning at various levels App Code, SQL Layer, RDBMS engine and Operating System
- Experience in Kubernetes will be a plus
This position requires a passionate individual who likes large scale challenges and innovates on complex tasks. An individual can think outside the box to develop different technology solutions or architectures to meet the business requirement. Please have your resume highlighting the value addition done in terms of performance, efficiency, business challenges solved, and money saved. This role requires the ability to work independently on live production environment. Success in this role required expertise in following areas. Datacenter Architecture, Fault Domains, Wide Area Networking Understanding of distributed systems concepts In depth Database Performance Engineering Concepts How to introduce change, measure, tests and replay various performance optimizations
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science / related fields or equivalent work experience.