Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Salary: $19.50 - $25.00
Performs a variety of comprehensive technical, and administrative duties and assignments related to the overall management, planning, organizing, and coordinating of numerous projects and programs with respect to the City of Loveland’s marketing and communication strategies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the broad policy guidance and direction of the City Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION: (For purposes of 42 USC 12101)
- Develops, manages, creates, edits, proofreads, designs, updates, and posts a variety of communications on a variety of platforms. These activities include, but are not limited to newsflashes, press releases, newsletters, event support materials, and online advertising announcements including the Smart City Network, Lovin’ Life webpage, City of Loveland webpage, and other social media platforms.
- Attends a variety of public functions and events that may, at times, be outdoors; acts as the staff liaison to the Public Relations Committee and develops relationships with local business owners.
- Associate Degree in Digital Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university;
- Two (2) years of documented work experience in the practice as a Digital Marketing or related field;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, digital production and delivering effective and innovative digital campaigns on a variety of social media platforms.
- Experience delivering a variety of content creation, digital assets, including rich media online ads and social media applications.
- Must be able to work under deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Strong management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Capable of exercising a considerable amount of independent judgment and discretion in carrying out the daily operations of the position; handle confidential information appropriately.
Certifications and Other Requirements
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license;
- Must pass background check
Interpersonal/Human Relations Skills
Final decisions regarding policy development and implementation are made and/or recommended. Interaction with others outside the City requires exercising participative management skills that support team efforts and quality processes. Must demonstrate the ability to build consensus, effect cooperation and participation and drive improvement changes.
Outdoor work may be required in the participation of various special events.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT OPERATED, AND WORK AIDS: (The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive).
Audio and visual equipment, 10-key, computer, copier, fax machine, and software, telephone, calculator, laptop, printers, scanners, and the possible operation of a motor vehicle are used to perform the activities of Marketing and Communications Coordinator on a regular basis.
The incumbent is expected to embrace, support, and promote the City’s core values, beliefs, and culture, which include but are not limited to the following:
- High ethical standards
- Train, develop, nurture, and mentor coworkers
- Lead by example
- Strong safety principles and safety awareness
- Active participation in citywide activities
These traits are not basic job requirements but are expected behavior. Other duties and responsibilities will be performed as assigned.
Click APPLY NOW to submit your resume to be considered today!!
MODIFICATION OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The above statements are a summary of the position and intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified in this position.