Core Audio Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 12, 2020
Role Number: 200206031
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple's innovative products, including the AirPods, HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV. IMG's Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Game Audio, Siri, FaceTime, media capture, playback and API's for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio features and products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will revolutionize the audio experience for game, AR, and future audio technologies.
- Audio software development experience
- A solid understanding of object-based audio and audio metadata
- Experience with audio file formats (WAV, BWAV, and ADM)
- Experience working with audio codecs (AAC, EAC-3, AC-4, or MPEG-H) is a big plus
- Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Solid programming skills (C, C++, and scripting languages such as Python)
As part of the audio software team, you will develop and implement next generation audio features. You will focus on designing and architecting how audio and metadata flows within the Apple ecosystem and how that information is processed, stored and transmitted.
Education & Experience
BE/ME, BS/MS in Computer Science, or Equivalent.