The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. For more than 130 years we have been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
The Junior Supply Chain Analyst manages the material availability (for example, components, inventory and products) process and determines what to order, how much to order and when to order materials to support supply planning activities.
The role derives an accurate view of material requirements needed to support customer needs by balancing orders, demand and material inventory data.
Material planning is tasked with establishing reorder quantities for materials, and takes into account supply lead-time, manufacturing constraints, vendor constraints and transportation constraints.
The role needs to manage and analyze material inventory levels and needs to alignment with critical suppliers on material availability.
This person is a hands-on worker who will drive the creation of a material requirements and inventory schedule that needs to be aligned with master planning, logistics/distribution planning and capacity planning.
The role will balance the required and available material to optimize service, working capital and material costs given network lead times and order quantities among others. The person in this role is an analytical thinker and a strong communicator with an eye for detail.
Successful candidates will have a strong knowledge of and record of accomplishment in project management, problem solving, and analytics. Exposure to at least one of the following supply chain areas is highly desired: sales and operations planning, value add/value engineering, inventory reduction, network design, and/or risk analysis and reduction.
- Responsible for the management, enhancement, and support of Raw Materials, Finished Goods, and Resin demand planning and forecasting systems, tools, and reports used in developing operational forecasts and demand plans for use in Sales and Operational Planning & Raw Material Requirement Planning
- Monitor supply plans to identify changes and to determine their effect on material requirements schedules.
- Work closely with capacity planning and finished goods planning teams to ensure proper coverage and accurate schedules.
- Make adjustments to the schedule to accommodate near-term orders that differ from the agreed sales and operations (S&OP) plan.
- Establish critical inventory parameters -- such as activity-based costing (ABC) and safety stock settings, replenishment quantity and launch quantity -- taking into account constraints and input, such as lead time and order cycle time.
- Identify possible future capacity constraints and bottlenecks in the supply base.
- Align with critical suppliers on availability and key risks and constraints on short and midterm.
- Work with procurement and suppliers on service-level agreements to align lead times and minimum order quantities.
- Manage & improve current SAP system, SOPs, and Forecast MS Access Database
- Review MRP to prepare Resin and Raw Material purchase requisitions & purchase orders from regional and global suppliers
- Manage, analyze, and execute demand forecast and update based on actual sales, usage, trends, promotional plans, new product launch projections, and revised sales plan
- Report on back orders, short stock, excess items and slow-moving inventory to the parties concerned.
- Measure, analyze and report key process metrics, and monitor adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and present forecast accuracy and performance reports to identify problems and opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to the demand & production plans of Finished Goods and Resin
- Analyze supplier performance, inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste or optimize customer service.
- Assist and coordinate the cross-functional actions, analyses, and tasks involved in Inventory, New Product Launches, and other Supply Chain projects.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or Operations Management
- Proficient in MS Access and MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills required in order to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the planning process
- Ability to work independently in managing multiple projects and initiatives to meet firm deadlines
- Ability to work with cross-functional team to complete more complex projects
- 2+ years of experience in Planning / Supply Chain preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting methods or planning methods preferred
- Experience with SAP / APICS certification is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with strong persuasion and influencing abilities. An excellent motivator who is charismatic, action-oriented and confident.
- Recognized self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Experience with SAP preferred, various supply chain systems and Microsoft Excel
- 15% Travel required that includes international