The Senior Manager of Sourcing & Contracting will be responsible for the development of sourcing strategies for a variety of categories, the negotiation and successful execution of these strategies to deliver long term competitive advantage, maximizing value, and risk mitigation for the business. This position is responsible for owning and optimizing a AAHS spend category totaling up to $75 million in spending via extensive cross-functional collaboration and mastery of all total cost of ownership (TCO)/strategic sourcing best practices.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and implements the sourcing strategy process for a variety of categories and moderate-to-high complex projects with minimal support and guidance
- Partner with key business stakeholders and leadership to understand and establish category requirements, development of sourcing strategy that meet the needs of the organization, while providing synergy in process and savings.
- Leads Process Improvement activities using LEAN/Management Engineering processes and tools and techniques to improve service for both the Supply Chain department and internal customers.
- Responsible for leading all sourcing activities such as the request for proposal process, negotiating with suppliers, vendor selection, contract creation, baseline and cost savings validation, and strategy execution
- Identify and develop cost-saving and profit-optimizing strategies.
- Develop and implement standard procedures for competitive bidding process, commodity/ service specific request for proposal documents.
- Utilizes available tools (Advisory Board, ECRI, Spend Analytics, DnB, etc.) to prepare financial analysis of spend to support business case development and category/cost management.
- Effectively forges professional relationships with subordinate staff, internal customers, Supply Chain colleagues, vendors and process partners.
- Collaborate with internal customers to enhance service, improve financial outcomes and become a valued business partner.
- Forges positive professional relationships with vendors to effectively manage performance. Performs Business Reviews for applicable prime vendors on a scheduled basis. Develops and manages vendor performance metrics (i.e. fill rate, invoice accuracy, policy compliance, etc.) for key business partners.
- The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Bachelor degree in field of expertise or equivalent combination of education/experience is required. A related master's degree preferred.
- Five years progressive experience in Supply Chain. Strategic sourcing, competitive bidding, negotiations, vendor and contract management, value analysis, business case development, leading/facilitating teams, financial analysis, forging positive customer relationships. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Lean/Management Engineering techniques to improve service for both the Supply Chain department and internal customers.
- Moderate to advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis, business case development, ERP systems.
- No certification required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.