System Engineer - Wireless Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 13, 2020
Role Number: 200207153
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this role, you will be a key member of our team defining and working on advancing Apple's wireless solutions.
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in specifying, implementing, and productizing wireless platforms with a proven track record in design and/or software/systems implementation and tradeoffs in consumer products.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams by technical expertise and bringing solutions together for new products.
- Expertise with wireless chipset architectures (such as details of baseband processing systems, RF transceivers and power management units), including aspects of system integration such as high-bandwidth host interfaces, platform operational modes, RF front-end control and in-device coexistence
- Experience in modeling and simulating performance of chipset and product architectures.
- Deep understanding of wireless communication platforms and UE chipset architectures and strong understanding of modem requirements and use cases at both the network and the consumer product level. This should ideally cover different standards such as WiFi and LTE/5G NR. Experience with RF system design tradeoffs and integration is desirable.
- Good knowledge of 3GPP standards (LTE, NR), WiFi, BT and similar wireless technologies.
- Ability to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience both internal and external to Apple.
- Strong communication skills, proficient programming skills in languages such as C++ and modeling experience in Matlab desirable.
- Identify and drive innovation for wireless systems with focus on enhancing end-user experience - Define and specify wireless systems, and system architectures with a focus on integration of multiple technologies and how they interact in a complex system environment. - Analyze, model and optimize how different SoCs interconnect on a range of platforms for the best performance in challenging radio and platform configuration conditions. - Create and drive architectures for optimal cross-technology performance and drive specifications for individual technology subsystems - Create intellectual property and technical specifications for product projects
Education & Experience
Master's degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree