Job Summary (Summary of overall role responsibilities)
Responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. Creates and maintains forecast models for our customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and customers.
Key Responsibilities (Outline Core Responsibilities of Position)
- Responsible for the management, enhancement, and support of demand planning and forecasting systems, tools and reports used in developing operational forecasts for use in Sales and Operational Planning.
- Manage / Improve current Forecast Database using MS Access
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of the demand planning function using ForecastPro, MS Access, and Excel.
- Manage, analyze, and execute demand forecast and update based on actual sales usage, trends, promotional plans, new product launch projections, and revised sales plan.
- Develop and present forecast accuracy and performance reports to identify problems and opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to the demand plan.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and finance to research and understand demand forecast drivers to ensure that current and accurate information is used for the demand forecasts.
- Assist and coordinate the cross functional actions and tasks involved in meeting the necessary timelines to launch or transition new products.
- Oversee data transfer and extract sales and forecast information from customer partner sites such as Amazon Retail Analytics and Ace Vendors.
Required Skills (Outline Core Requirements including education, years of experience, position requirements, required competencies, special requirements such as travel, etc.)
- BA/BS college degree
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Access and MS Excel
- 5+ years of experience in Planning / Supply Chain, with a heavy focus in Demand Planning
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting and forecasting methods
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and programming skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills required in order to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and initiatives to meet desired deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and work in a collaborative team environment to address complex issues.
- Experience with SAP, APICS/IBF Certification is a plus
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.