RFIC Design Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 13, 2020
Role Number: 200207338
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a RFIC design engineering organization to specify and develop state-of-the-art wireless silicon for application in Apple's products.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in RFIC design engineering.
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience, including prior leadership of RFIC design team(s).
- Extensive technical background in one or more of the following:
- Strong wireless systems fundamentals.
- RF transceiver architecture / design (including zero-IF transceivers, low-IF transceivers, polar transmitters or others)
- Radio subsystem design (including PLL's, RF amplifiers, LNA's, PA's, mixers, baseband filters, ADC / DAC or others).
- Experience with RF CMOS circuit design techniques, particularly as applied in deep sub-micron silicon technologies.
- Strong analog circuit design fundamentals, such as OpAmp / OTA design, precision biasing, LDO's, Oscillators, etc...
- Strong understanding of physical principles such as electromagnetics (particularly as pertains to designing inductors / transformers and understanding parasitic interactions between components) and device physics (particularly as pertains to knowledge of device behavior and modeling methods and strategies supporting the design process).
- Working knowledge of mixed-signal design and verification techniques.
- Familiarity with radio calibration methods for high-performance wireless systems (including for zero-IF transceivers, I/Q imbalance, LO feedthrough, digital pre-distortion or others).
- Working understanding of communications theory and digital communication techniques.
- Working knowledge of wireless standards, such as IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience managing design teams.
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral.
- Experience with executive communication is a plus.
Leadership of the RFIC Design Engineering team responsible for development and delivery of new wireless silicon for future Apple products.
Develop innovative RF / Analog architectures, specifications and CMOS RF designs for delivering best-in-class radio performance for custom wireless silicon solutions in advanced-node silicon technologies.
Introduce RF design features with digitally enhanced innovations.
Establish and maintain the RF design, simulation and verification methodologies to ensure first-time success of new silicon designs.
Deliver fully verified RF IP subsystems meeting design specifications for integration into wireless silicon SoC's.
Validate silicon test chip and production silicon RF transceivers and drive any required design revisions to achieve full performance.
Support the delivery of new wireless technologies to the Product Systems teams.
Education & Experience
MSEE or PH.D. in Electrical Engineering