iOS Embedded Audio SoC Bring-Up Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 13, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200204859
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple's innovative products, including the AirPods, HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV. IMG's Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Game Audio, Siri, FaceTime, media capture, playback and API's for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio features and products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will revolutionize the audio experience for game and future audio technologies.
- Experience in silicon and pre-silicon bring-up.
- Excellent programming (C/Assembly) and scripting skills (Python).
- Excellent profiling skills with proficiency debugging large, complex system software.
- Ability to translate hardware data sheets into software.
- Good understanding of multi-core embedded HW System and RTOS.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, quick learner.
Apple's IMG Audio group is seeking an experienced software engineer with strong low-level coding and prototyping skills who can bridge the gap between hardware and software. This position will work with the Audio Design, Silicon Engineering, and Silicon Validation Teams, prototyping bring-up sequences, designing and developing drivers for audio hardware peripherals, and expanding internal tools to facilitate bring-up for new SoC and hardware designs. Responsibilities will span pre-silicon development and all aspects of project-based audio driver design and software development.
Education & Experience
BE/ME, BS/MS in Computer Science, or Equivalent.
- Good understanding of uboot and Jtag a plus
- Knowledge power management, ARM, X86 architectures a plus.
- Translation of HW specifications into bring-up/run/tear-down sequences in software.
- Develop tools to improve bring-up workflow.
- Participate in audio hardware design reviews.
- Ability to review hardware engineering schematics nice to have.