We are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture. SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities
Sodexo is seeking a Lab Services Specialist – Hazardous Waste supporting an account in the NY/NJ Metro Area. The Lab Services Technician Specialist is responsible for collecting various waste streams from the collection areas, while assuring proper segregation per the hazardous waste regulations. Assisting Hazardous Waste Manager with ad hoc requests, ensuring all guidelines are met. Also providing support with lab services tasks, which may include but not limited to equipment moves, desk top delivery of lab supplies, research samples, and equipment to the research laboratories, while maintaining a high level of customer service to assure that the research community has the necessary resources it needs to succeed.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Lab Services Specialist with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Collect waste and lab chemicals from collection areas, while verifying wastes/chemicals are properly segregated following RCRA/Merck regulations
- Also provide guidance to research community on segregation requirements. Escalate to proper management if research community is not following guidelines repeatedly
- Transport waste/chemicals to 90 day storage areas or lab areas
- Scan Cosmic Tracking barcodes and ensure chemical tracking system is updated
- Deliver packages to various labs and administrative areas using department van, push cart, or pallet jack
- Assure adherence to hazardous waste storage regulations whenever working in or placing waste into the 90-day storage room
- Review and sign waste manifests
- Collect all hazardous/non-hazardous chemical and PPE waste and prepare for transport to offsite disposal facility
- Collect regulated medical waste containers and prepare shipments for disposal following waste disposal and transportation regulations
- Collect Hazardous/Non-hazardous perishable research samples, equipment and supplies from the labs to be processed by Operations Coordinators for shipping
- Collect empty chemical reagent containers and scan out barcodes from the chemical inventory tracking system
- Collect Universal waste from the collection areas and move to the universal waste storage room. Assure regulatory compliance is maintained for collection containers as well as room
- Support the inventory, ordering, and replenishment of the solvent storage bunkers
- Maintain inventory of lab material, waste and equipment within the warehouse
- Support the collection of lab equipment for asset disposition and supply moving boxes to the office areas as requested
- Provide administrative support related to answering phones, answer lab support related customer service requests and completion of department paperwork
- Complete work with a limited degree of supervision
- Act as an informal resource to colleagues with less experience
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Knowledge on the use of computers and programs
- Experience in Lab/Warehouse setting preferred
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license
- Must maintain DOT and RCRA certification
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
This position is intended to support GlaxoSmithKline Research Scientists. Primary physical chemistry duties include ordering, tracking, preparation of samples; running physicochemical screens, analyzing, processing, and posting data generated; and performing bespoke studies and analyses as needed. Primary purification duties include purification post-processing, running chiral and achiral screens and preparative runs as needed, and modification and addition of new screening methods. Additional duties include general maintenance of laboratory environment, including making and refilling HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography) solvents, removing HPLC waste, and stocking and ordering lab supplies.
- Maintain a safe chemical inventory
- Ensure lab supplies are stocked and order, as necessary
- Run assays and export results for team members
- Ensure proper removal of waste
- Deliver, pickup and receive chemicals