The Sr. Buyer is responsible for the day to day purchasing activities for Indirect Materials focusing on Marketing Services ( Fixtures , Print, Color Tools). In addition the candidate should also have broad category knowledge in areas such as HR, MRO, Facilities and Logistics.
In addition to the day to day tasks noted above, the candidate will work under the guidance of the Procurement Manager to secure non-disclosure agreements (NDA's), identify suppliers and assist in the preparation of RFI's and RFP's for assigned products or services. The Sr. Buyer will assist in managing engagements, completing bid evaluations, performing any financial analysis needed to determine recommended finalists, conduct preliminary contract reviews, determining sourcing strategies and managing vendor relationships. The candidate will update cost models, and maintain supplier metrics necessary for effective reporting and communication. The Sr. Buyer will work to drive savings , quality and improved customer service with the supply base they are responsible for. The Sr. Buyer will also work within the Ariba Tool to run reports, build catalogs for related spend areas and run RFx's within the Tool.
- Secure NDA's, prepare RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs for product categories; complete bid evaluations.
- Maintain Procurement Systems information -- Complete purchase orders, update and maintain contracts, pricing, etc.
- Track supplier metrics, savings, communicate supplier performance, and forecast requirements, as needed, ensuring all purchases consistent with quality and delivery requirements.
- Update price models, as required. Analyze and deliver timely cost information. Maintain sourcing database and metrics for reporting and communicating Procurement activities.
- Negotiate with suppliers for execution of Supply Agreements that achieve lowest total system cost and which are in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal customers to implement supplier changes, as required; assist plants and internal customers on sourcing related issues.
- Ensure all purchases consistent with TCO requirements
- Perform tactical duties as assigned.
- Facilitating Change
- Collaborative, works well on teams,
- Ability to Build Strategic Working Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Organizing
- Tactical Decision Making
- Managing Conflict
- Effective Communication, oral and written
- Vendor Management
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- Understanding of standard purchasing and supply chain concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with accounting concepts, financial management and analysis
- Ability to excel in a matrix management environment
- Solid Category knowledge with a focus on Marketing Spend areas outlined above
- Awareness of contracts and contract terms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong project management and vendor management skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Sourcing Methodology knowledge
- Bring "Best Practice" Sourcing solutions to the discussion
- Leverage Berkshire related spend when appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of business, finance, or engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of Global Sourcing and Procurement experience with Indirect Categories.
- P.M. and /or CPSM
- Experience in use of SAP and Ariba
- Travel Requirements: 15% domestic to suppliers when required
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.