Imaging & Sensing Incubation, Mechanical Engineer, Product Design and Prototyping for UX and Technology Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 16, 2020
Role Number: 200207625
Innovate, design, and prototype next-generation user experience and technologies The Imaging and Sensing Incubation team develops user experience prototypes and new technologies that are central to Apple's products, including the iPhone, iPad, Applewatch, MacBooks, and more. Our team plays a key role in building prototypes to realize novel user experience, developing new technology, and inventing patentable ideas. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. We have a collaborative, inclusive, and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Bring in your depth of knowledge across a wide range of technical approaches such as rapid prototyping, design of experiments, characterization, and validation, to realize innovative concepts. You will contribute your own unique talents by working with engineers, designers, and scientists to realize prototype concepts that synthesize electrical, mechanical, and software components. Come, join us in crafting best-in-class solutions!
- Demonstrate proficiency in development of technology fields with a rich design portfolio.
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, prototyping, and system-level integration.
- 3D CAD experience required, NX preferred.
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis. Knowledge of common manufacturing processes and DFM.
- Excellent critical thinking, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally, interact with management, team members, and external vendors. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills.Experience with applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science, basic physics and basic chemistry is beneficial.
- Experience with machine shop, 3D printer, laser cutter, and other RP tools.
Develop thoughtful and inspiring insights into next generation sensing technologies, user interactions, user experiences, services, and products in the consumer electronics field.
Turn ideas into strategic design opportunities. Use scientific methods and well-thought-out engineering approaches to characterize, validate, design, experiment, and bring innovative concepts to life.
Apply a variety of techniques, tools, and use 3D CAD to develop mechanical design of systems or prototypes.
Work with vendors for fabrication and assembly.
Create thermal solutions, design validation, experiments, and failure analysis.
Create pitches and demos that will inspire new thinking and inform strategic decisions.
Collaborate with electrical & SW teams to realize a complete prototype.
Education & Experience
BSME required; MSME preferred
Experience in consumer electronics preferred
4+ years of experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace