Quality Engineer Lead - Apple Corporate Systems
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200206483
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about software quality through automation and engineering excellence? If so, we'd like to talk to you! As a quality engineer lead, you will be responsible for driving quality engineering for software products, building quality frameworks, and developing test automation and tools. We are looking for a creative and motivated hands-on experienced software quality engineer to lead quality engineering and testing for a portfolio of corporate systems products, including business functional use-case testing, and non-functional quality, negative testing, and performance. The Quality Engineering team is part of the Engineering Operations team for Corporate Systems. This team is directly responsible for managing the quality of complex custom enterprise applications, partnering with various engineering development teams.
- Passion for driving quality into software products.
- 5+ years of experience in software quality engineering and prior experience working as a software developer.
- Experience aualifying Workday implementation.
- Proven track record of driving quality focused on automation, building tools, and QA testing.
- Experience building test automation frameworks and business use-case testing.
- Experience in Java, scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Python, etc.). Linux platforms and relational databases.
- Experience managing offshore teams.
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Solid understanding of various SQA methodologies and practices.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs & third-party issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Partnership with development and other teams in planning and delivering quality for software.
You will be defining and driving test approaches and test plans for assigned projects and functional test areas, expanding our current test cases, engineering quality testing, and executing required tests. You will own quality for functional or application areas. You must define qualification strategies and run functionality, compatibility, integration, and reliability testing for applications that are part of complex mobile, desktop, and cloud client/server ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual with a strong technical background and proven hands-on experience. This position requires an individual to own and lead a group of resources and work cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate testing efforts for sophisticated client and server feature sets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's and/or Masters in Computer Science with 6+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience with Git, Java, Docker, Kafka, MongoDB highly desirable.
- Experience qualifying SAAS products is highly desirable
- Prior experience guiding a team of quality engineers or contractor/vendor resources is desirable.
- Experience testing on Mac OS, iOS (mobile apps). Cloud-based technologies a plus.