Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200206853
Home Office: Yes
Apple's GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the OS-level frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for GPU and Display devices across all of Apple's hardware. The Mac driver team is now seeking a dedicated Compiler Engineer who is passionate about building innovative products, and has a strong background building high performance and production quality software on an aggressive schedule. If you want to be part of a team pushing our macOS forward, this is the team for you!
- Background in compiler architecture, optimization, code generation and overall design
- Experience debugging functional compiler issues and analyzing generated code for optimization opportunities
- Knowledge of GPU/CPU architectures
- Solid programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to work multi-functionally and execute in a self-directed environment
The team is responsible for delivering compilers supporting current and next generation macOS GPUs. You'll be responsible for engaging directly with system architecture, driver team and external vendors to contribute to the GPU compiler. Specifically, you'll be encouraged to partner across teams to deliver upcoming improvements to the Metal API, assist in the bring-up of new GPUs, and debug/analyze functional as well as performance issues. The ideal candidate should be proficient digging deep into the details of the compiler while at the same time be curious and willing to learn about the broader driver and macOS graphics stack.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS, CE , similar technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in other aspects of GPU drivers a plus
- Experience with Machine Learning/Intelligence a plus