The Senior Foreign Trade Zone Analyst will be responsible for oversight of daily operations of the foreign trade zones of Rockwell Automation in North America, which includes:
This role is responsible for:
- Management of third party operations group and FTZ
- Providing expertise in the maintenance, definition, development, and implementation of internal controls as required by the US FTZ regulations, 19CFR, 15CFR, and other US regulatory agency requirements.
- Driving continuous improvement, administration and management of compliance activities in relation to US Customs and US FTZ programs.
The Senior Foreign Trade Zone Analyst will proactively oversee and guide FTZ compliance matters while effectively interacting with employees at all levels. The right candidate will provide the necessary skills to perpetuate and enhance the Rockwell Automation culture of providing superior quality and customer service as perceived by the customer.
- Implementation of process efficiencies, focusing on cycle time and regulatory compliance.
- Designation, (de)activation and all activities associated with new zone implementations or closures.
In addition, this position is responsible for supporting the objectives of the North American Trade Management group.
Core Tasks and Key Responsibilities
- Providing oversight, escalation, and leadership to FTZ operations
- Lead continuous improvement & productivity initiatives; implement changes required by regulatory changes related to: import/export, security, FTZ.
- Drive cost productivity (FTZ savings/avoidance, feasibility studies)
- Lead new zone implementations
- Management of FTZ related record retention
- Corporate subject matter regarding FTZ operations and leveraging zones.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes, process improvements, procedures, manuals and systems to support FTZ compliance.
- Act as the program ambassador to provide intracompany training/education to functional areas and promote awareness of FTZs.
- Provide support in connection with internal/external audits and investigations.
- Establish compliance assessment audits, assist in investigations, support the implementation of corrective actions and make recommendations on improvements to leadership
- Make formal presentations in meetings, and responds to questions from management, employees, customers and vendors related to FTZ compliance.
- Collaborate with other functional areas on special projects such as distribution strategies, business continuity/contingency planning, and product line moves.
- Review activated area - validate that FTZ warning signs are posted, gates / doors are locked, cameras are in working order, etc.
- Participate in CBP Compliance Reviews and responsible for providing all requested information.
- Keep up-to-date on legislative changes impacting FTZs and ensure communication and compliance with changes
- Perform annual systems review and prepare a summary report of any deficiencies and corrective actions for submission to the Port Director.
- Oversee the annual reconciliation process and prepare a report explaining any discrepancies and corrective actions.
- Prepare and file the FTZ Annual Report summarizing all zone activity to the zone grantee and CBP.
- Act as the systems administrator for the FTZ inventory control & recordkeeping system.
- Measure and report FTZ related metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- FTZ experience for a high-tech company.
- 5+ years' experience with FTZ programs with proven experience in new Zone implementation, designation, and activation
- Experience in Zone deactivation
- Demonstrated project management skills
- 5+ years import/export compliance experience
- Licensed Customs Broker
- 3 - 5 years inventory control experience
- Able to not only understand how software/applications work but also more technical aspects such as designing interfaces between systems and developing system enhancements or custom logic
- Experienced in dealing directly with US Customs and Border Protection, grantees, and FTZ board
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional organizational skills to drive projects to completion.
- Able to interface with individuals in various positions/levels, maintain confidentiality, and exhibit the aptitude to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strategic and independent thinking
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of international freight forwarding/transportation processes
- Able to work under minimal supervision in a goal oriented environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Indianapolis - Indiana
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description