Sodexo Government Services has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager 3 to be part of our government services growing division. Sodexo is seeking a Food General Manager 3 to lead the operation at Joint Base Charleston Air Force Base located in Charleston, South Carolina. There is great satisfaction from serving those that serve and it is core to our mission to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve.” This position will be responsible for the day to day operations of an Air Force Dining Facility serving Airmen, their families, retirees, government and contractor employees.
The Food General Manager 3 will report to the district manager and will have oversight of an Executive Chef, and a frontline, Subcontractor staff and military personnel assigned to the dining facility. The GM will also support various assignments as directed by the district manager within our Air force contract. Sodexo’s Air Force contract continues to grow, there will be a great opportunity for this position to grow while leading the charge at this new account.
We are looking for General Manager 3 candidates who will:
- • Have oversight of day-to day operations
- • Strong contract management/compliance experience
- • Deliver high quality food service
- • Achieve company financial targets and goals
- • Develop and maintain client and customer relations
- • Develop strategic plans
- • Create a positive and enjoyable environment
- • Ensure Sodexo Standards and Air Force Standards are met
The ideal candidate:
- • Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills
- • Has a strong background in food safety and sanitation compliance
- • Has history and knowledge of working in a Union environment
- • Has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills and has a passion for a high level of customer service
- • Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
The General Manager 3 directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the local contract. Senior-most person assigned to a multi-client account. Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
Working for Sodexo at Government and Agency locations allows you to provide logistical support for combat missions abroad and for day-to-day management during training periods at home. Across America and around the world, our service offering combines facility and food services together as a customer-centric management solution. Today, we are entrusted with a workforce of a quarter million men and women in public service across 150 government sites and agencies. Our teams engage with international alliances and partners to ensure that those we serve have what they need to achieve peak performance.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities