HEP PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR (Winton)
$40,999/yr. FT, Benefits & 401K.
See www.cvoc.org for job descript. & app. EEO/AA employer.
Qualified women, minorities & persons w/disabilities encouraged to apply.
The HEP teaches students in five high school subjects; thus, the HEP Instructor must have a wide-ranging
knowledge of these areas (math, science, reading, writing, and social studies). In addition, the incumbent must
have experience working with non-traditional and at-risk students. Many of the students speak English either as
a second language or not at all. The HEP Instructor must be able to teach these students in an effective manner
over the course of the 16 week program. Particularly important to this position is experience with math, reading
instruction and disability diagnosis. In addition, the HEP Instructor must have cultural sensitivity to the needs of
migrant farm workers. In order for the students to learn effectively, they must trust the Instructor. In order for
trust to build, the Instructor must understand the problems which the students face. Furthermore, the HEP
Instructor must be flexible and versatile in order to teach students with a diverse array of learning impediments.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Provides appropriate individualized academic instruction to each student in five high school subjects
2. Provides English language instruction to speakers of other languages
3. Monitors the progress of each student and adjusts instruction accordingly
4. Assists students in completing scholarship and college entrance materials
5. Researches post GED placement for students (technical schools, colleges, employment, etc.)
Instructional staff will have bachelor’s degree or higher in education or a related field. They will be required to
have at least two years teaching experience. They will need to be sensitive to the needs of the migrant,
disadvantaged target population. The HEP Instructor must be bilingual in Spanish and English. Excellent
written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish, computer literacy. Demonstrated ability to
address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified
above. Must continue to meet the established driving standards as a condition of employment.
1. A related teaching degree, cleared credential.
2. Previous experience collaborating with school and community services personnel
3. Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population.
A completed CVOC application packet as well as a resume must be received to be considered
for employment with CVOC. See www.cvoc.org for application packet.
EOE/At Will Employer