BM&C seeks a Project Safety Manager to oversee the safe, effective, and efficient execution of construction projects and ensure full contractor adherence to BM&C standards, and Federal, State, and local legislation.
The Project Safety Manager will report to the Director of Environmental Health, Safety and Security- Operations with the following responsibilities:
- Oversees the execution and follow-through for all construction, including equipment and infrastructure.
- Ensures full contractor adherence to Federal, State and local legislation, BM&C standards and Life Critical Rules.
- Manages the contractor prequalification, approval and orientation processes prior to commencement of work.
- Key member of building, process, and packaging design teams to ensure “safety by design” is embedded at the initiation of the project and during project modifications to minimize risk to the operations.
- Directs overall construction site safety (in conjunction with vendor safety resources). Monitors job site throughout the day to ensure safe working conditions and recommends effective hazard management techniques, and takes action to mitigate risks within establish limits and delegations.
- Responsible for the development of construction Job Safety Plans and Safe Work Permits for all construction jobs. Collaborates with plant permit writers to ensure all tasks are risk assessed appropriately. Reviews any relevant procedures, and obtains full understanding of work activity. Audits toolbox talks and debrief meeting with construction teams to ensure they are taking place.
- Manages a robust Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) process and ensures timely corrective action follow-through.
- Ensures clear objectives and metrics are established, communicated, reported, and performance managed as it relates to execution of construction projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5- 8 years of experience in a manufacturing or chemical processing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of construction worksite safety practices and procedures or completion of both OSHA 500. & 510 Occupational Safety and Health Courses for Construction.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Consistently demonstrates EHSS leadership behaviors consistent with the elements of a safe and reliable operating culture.
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal or routine work hours – if needed or as required.
- Successful experience leading projects and teams or committees is a must.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly collaborative spirit with strong team and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.