Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 17, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207308
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. We're looking for a North American Regulatory Compliance lead to drive various wireless project certification end to end, from development to launch, worldwide with focus in US and Canada. You will work with Apple's international teams and regional organizations to ensure that our product meets worldwide wireless compliance standards and to ensure the critical deployment of new products and technologies.
- Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI/RF exposure regulatory compliance for FCC/ISED Experience with standard professional test lab equipment and processes for certification Knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures, communications protocols, regulatory requirements and approval process.
- Knowledge of U.S. and International telecommunications regulations and standards.
- Hands on experience with wireless technologies like WLAN, BT, NFC, 802.11, LTE,
- Experience with mmWave 5G is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in wireless engineering or telecommunications
- A minimum of 3 years experience dealing in regulatory processes
- You will be determining relevant compliance requirements for new technologies and products and provide requirements to support the product development teams - In this role, you will act as liaison between hardware and software engineering teams through the development process - You are able to influence our partner, external agencies and government regulatory authorities regarding rules and policy to support Apples product roadmap - We look up to you to stay ahead of on any changes to global regulatory requirements, agency approvals or test procedures and keep worldwide team cross-functional teams updated on status
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering Discipline