Software Tools & Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 19, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207089
The Systems Firmware & Diagnostics team is looking for a Tools & Automation Engineer to assist in the creation of tools, scripts, and applications that facilitate Apple's manufacturing process.
- Must have:
- Experience in Python (preferred), or other scripting language
- Experience building web applications, using tools like React and Typescript
- Familiarity with SQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Having any of the following are not required but would be considered an added bonus in this role:
- User interface and user experience development
- Experience building iOS/macOS applications with Swift/Objective-C
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration/deployment systems
- Experience with deploying applications on Kubernetes
Working under the Hardware Engineering organization, this role provides the opportunity to help shape the software that builds Apple hardware. You will work in a cross-functional role, helping design and build the infrastructure and tools that serve multiple teams. In addition to supporting the existing systems, you'll have the opportunity to bring up brand new applications and design them from the ground up. This role is ideal for those who are full-stack developers and like to be involved in every step of the process.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success! You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.