Application Security Engineer, Apple Pay
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 19, 2020
Role Number: 200208194
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. We don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. We believe it's the diversity of these people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple to become a part of our talented team! We are looking for an exceptional engineer for our Application Security Engineer role. This role will focus on the secure design and delivery of features and platforms within the Apple Pay team. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires experience and expertise evaluating risk, application stacks, and cryptographic implementations. The successful candidate will drive security and compliance initiatives multi-functionally within the Apple Pay organization, and throughout Apple.
- Working knowledge of network security and applied cryptography
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols and IP communications
- Understanding of the latest technologies, security issues, and protocols
- Experience developing secure infrastructure and cloud services
- Ability to develop new and innovative applications as well as maintaining existing code
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed, fast-paced environment, that is highly collaborative and multi-functional
- Ability to organize & communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical people across functional teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external collaborative relationships
- Understanding of compliance requirements for payment platforms.
- Experience with Global Platform or other embedded smartcard technologies is a plus
- Experience deploying, managing, and monitoring hardware security modules (HSMs) is a plus
As an engineer on this team, you will participate in in-depth reviews of the architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of Apple's revolutionary mobile payment solution. You should be strongly motivated by learning new technologies. Your ownership of vulnerability, risk, and compliance processes will have you working hand-in-hand with engineering, infrastructure, compliance, and privacy teams to ensure the security, compliance, and privacy of critical customer systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 4+ years of equivalent