Security Support Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207328
The Security, Engineering & Analytics team is looking for a technical Security Support Engineer to join our group. This person will be responsible for investigating account security concerns, privacy data concerns, fraud trends and working with engineering to initiate applicable investigations. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute and thrive in a team environment.
- The ability to properly isolate, diagnose, troubleshoot and remediate complex Apple ID and related Account Security issues. Strong quantitate and qualitative analytical skills are required.
- Adaptive interaction and impeccable communication with people of diverse technical proficiencies
- Relevant experience in Technical Support, Security & privacy regulatory knowledge, Help Desk Support or Customer Service
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high workload and multiple responsibilities within strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong overall technical acumen
- Knowledgeable of industry standard account security implementations and practices
- Adaptable to a high-paced and dynamic work environment
- Self motivated individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to work with cross functional and related teams in remote locations
- Experience or knowledge of Mac OS, iOS, TVOS and Watch OS
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations in EU, CCPA and related privacy decrees.
- The ability to identify unique communication strategies related to end user facing portals and information dissemination
- Ability to travel internationally for business as needed
- Willingness and ability to participate in rotational on-call schedule
Serving as the directly responsible individual you will oversee the end-to-end engineering support experience worldwide for one or more iCloud, Apple ID Security, Privacy or feature-sets which includes related services. Working closely with varying Engineering entities, Marketing, Readiness and applicable cross functional teams throughout product development, launch and support. The DRI will also be responsible for investigating security & privacy related bugs, vulnerabilities and providing risk assessments. This engineer will ensure Support organizations are equipped with the technology and knowledge necessary to deliver exceptional customer service related to iCloud, Apple ID or applicable services. Closely monitoring related top support issues and drivers after product launch, identifying gaps across all Support tiers worldwide in support tools / resources needed to better support the new features. Reviewing server side logs and analytic data to determine trends in fraud, abuse or gaps within the support experience. Educating cross functional teams about Apple's privacy and security policies worldwide. Extensive understanding of all Apple products, in particular Apple's online services and basic security procedural implementations. Investigating fraud and security related escalations from varying Engineering teams that may be associated with Apple ID, iCloud, Security or Privacy related services. Responding to a subset of technical support tickets from cross-functional teams worldwide, delivering immediate workarounds and resolutions as well as driving root cause fixes for issues. Analyzing data and trends to identify opportunities for improving the overall customer experience and support for iCloud, Apple ID, Privacy & Security. Working closely with Apple's Support organizations, QA, Engineering, Fraud, Data Scientists, Developers and Marketing to implement our analysis' recommended changes.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to properly isolate, diagnose, remediate troubleshoot complex account systems or cloud-computing services
- An acute understanding of all Apple products, especially Apple's online services and Internet businesses in general Knowledge of web technologies.
- Previous experience in Security, risk management, pen testing, project management or related experience would be a plus.
- Proficiency in multi-factor authentication and carrier related dependencies.