Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207853
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. World Wide Retail Commerce develops and maintains EasyPay, Apple Retail's Point of Sale (POS) solution. EasyPay is used by 60,000 retail employees across the world to process 60 million transactions serving 220 million customers in nearly 500 stores every year. EasyPay is the central system of Apple's global Retail Stores, providing the engine that integrates everything from Product sales & returns, Discounting and production promotions, Integrated iPhone activations, Product pickups and a single credit card platform. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a solid track record and experience in payments who feel equally passionate about payments as well as developing innovative solutions together with hardworking engineering teams. Your ability to prioritize multiple partners and projects from initiation to completion, while providing consistent updates and communication to business leaders, will be vital for success in this role. You should be structured, disciplined, and utilize a strong technical background to prioritize and tackle sophisticated problems. Your attention to detail, focus on excellent customer solutions, and ability to lead and drive large cross functional teams will critical.
- 10+ years demonstrated ability in project /product management.
- Demonstrated experience in payments and financing.
- Experience project managing sophisticated, cross functional projects in Agile methodologies.
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects with ambitious priorities.
- Expertise in retailer environments, in-store capabilities and merchandising strategies to provide the best customer experiences while delivering sales impact for the business.
- Ability to understand technical discussions, and synthesize for broad discussions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many international teams / contractors of different cultural backgrounds.
- You know how to get things done, and have previous people management experience. You are effective in both direct and virtual team leadership.
- Ability to lead project constraints on time, cost and quality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written and business presentation skills for various levels of audience including senior leadership.
- Self-starter, forward-thinking with strong leadership capabilities
- macOS and/or iOS experience
Coordinate and manage large cross functional teams with internal and external partners - Apple Retail, Finance, GNCS, SAP, AOS, HelpLine, Retail Systems, Operations and Apple Retail stores. Execute and deliver on exciting and innovative payment programs. Utilize your structured, focused, and strong technical background to prioritize and solve problem. Push innovation within the payment ecosystem, internal systems, payment providers, networks, ERP. Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Finance and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions in partnership.
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent industry experience