Are you a hands on leader with a positive, motivating presence?
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager at Bridgewater Deer Valley, a continuing care retirement community in Phoenix, AZ. We are seeking, a highly motivated, and innovative General Manager / Chef Manager that will be responsible for the culinary department and dining departments. The ideal candidate is a strong leader with prior experience in a fast paced healthcare, hospital and/or senior living setting.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the creation and development of innovative menus and recipe compliance;
- work with culinary staff and wait staff on customer service around special requests, allergens, and food interactions;
- ensure that all safety policies are in place and being followed and that all staff is wearing the correct PPE;
- control and ensure financial targets are achieved by consistently looking at ways of maximizing income, through efficient and effective purchasing, via nominated suppliers and creative merchandising;
- responsible for staff training on Safety and Food Safety practices.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a culinary background;
- are able to manage multiple priorities;
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry. "food service director" OR "executive chef" OR "dirctor of culinary" AND "senior living" OR "retirement community" OR "nursing home" OR "hospital"
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.